I love coming up with new pop tab bracelet designs and this is one of my newest that I'm offering as a free pattern.
The neat thing about this pattern is it can be made into a bracelet or add more pop tabs to each panel and make it into a cuff. Your choice - keep it small and dainty or go as big as you want.
- Size F crochet hook
- The # of standard size plastic bags or other recycled yarn of your choice will depend on whether you make a bracelet or cuff. (For the gray bracelet, I was able to make 2 bracelets with one plastic bag.)
- The # of pop tabs needed will depend on whether you make a bracelet or cuff. (For the gray bracelet, 2 pop tabs are used for each panel with 6 panels total. For the white bracelet, 4 pop tabs are used for each panel with 6 panels total.)
- Craft needle for stitching panels together.
Plarn Preparation: Here is the link to making plarn for this pattern:
Recycled Yarn alternatives: pantyhose and t-shirt yarn works great with this pattern as well. Just cut your strips thinner than normal.
Attach plarn with slip stitch in hole of a pop tab, chain 1 and make a single crochet in same stitch. Place another pop tab behind and make 2 single crochet stitches in next hole going through both pop tabs. Continue adding pop tabs with 2 single crochet stitches in each hole. When desired length is achieved, finish by making 2 single crochet stitches in last hole. Fasten off, weave in ends. Repeat the same on opposite side.
When first making the bracelet, I didn't know how many would be needed so I made up a few then stitched each one together, then made up a few more, etc.. To sew panels together, put right sides together and whip stitch on the back side.
When you have so many stitched together, place it over your wrist to see how many more panels will be needed. There is some stretch, enough to pull bracelet over the hand when bracelet is finished.
Finish bracelet by stitching the 2 ends together. Then turn inside out.
One last note: Since this is a bracelet made with pop tabs, I wanted the pop tabs to shine through.
However, feel free to single crochet, reverse single crochet or even slip stitch around the ends of the pop tabs.
Here are a few alternative design options:
- Use a different color to whip stitch panels together
- With right side facing you, make x's across covering whip stitching.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me at email@example.com.
Copyright © 2012 Plastique Recreations. This pattern is for your personal use only. This pattern may not be sold, published, reproduced-mechanically or electronically, or by any other means, including photocopying from any website(s) or electronic mailing lists, etc Please do not offer, sell or distribute this pattern in any way to anyone else.