Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

2009 brought me many blessings, just too many to list and count in 1 blog post.

In addition to my fantastic family and co-workers, I opened my Etsy shop (www.Crochooley.etsy.com ) in April of this year and was blessed with 24 sales with the 24th sale being made just this last Sunday. How neat is that?? I also had other sales made off etsy site. For some shops on Etsy, that # may be very small, but for me that # is huge. (I'll explain why in a future blog post.)

This year I discovered merely by accident and became a member of the Lake City Handcrafter's group. These are the most fantastic bunch of women you could meet. The group was formed by Celena Crews whom has her own Etsy shop -

(www.rocketyarn.etsy.com Artistically Dyed Yarn, Spinning Fiber & Other Fun Goodies for Fiber Lovers).

Celena introduced me to the wonderful world of spinning. Shortly thereafter I acquired my own Louet Spinning Wheel which was made possible by the friendship of Celena and Sharon Emery, co-owner of Hanks Yarns in Gainesville, FL (http://www.hanksyarn.com - Sharon is the one on the far right).

My Louet Wheel (aka Lu Lu Bell) and I introduced a few color combinations this year. BUT, you haven't seen anything yet. We are already working on even more various plastic yarn color combinations that will be introduced in 2010. Yes, I did say PLASTIC YARN!!!

I could go on and on but you get the picture that 2009 was a great year for me. I'm looking so forward to 2010 because I know there will be many new adventures to go on, friendships to acquire and other doors that will open.

Plastique Recreations wishes everyone a very safe but Happy New Year!!!

1 comment: