Pop Tab Bracelets are the newest fashion trend!!!
This Crochet-Plarn Along is for anyone seeking a 'last minute gift idea' or have a 'hard to buy for person' on their gift list.
See below for detailed Pattern Instructions and Show Off Contest
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
Crochet Hook – Size F
Plastic Yarn: Approximately 2 standard size plastic grocery bags
If using 2 different colors , 1 plastic bag for each color
14 pop tabs (consistent in size)
Important Note: Not all plastic is made the same. When using plarn, achieving the desired size or gauge is dependent on the texture, thickness and strip width of the plastic yarn.
SIZE: Diameter – 10.25” around, 3” across
CARE INSTRUCTIONS: Hand wash, air dry
ch(s) = chain(s)
hdc = half double crochet
hdcfp = half double crochet front post
sc = single crochet
sl = slip
sp = space
st(s) = stitch(es)
yo = yarn over
Read through pattern instructions before beginning.
- Tutorial: Pop Tab hdcfp: Yo, insert hook through front of same pop tab back around to front of next pop tab, yo, pull back through front of 1st pop tab, yo and pull through all 3 sts on hook to complete hdc st.
- When using plarn, stretching your work after every couple of rows is important. This will give you a more realistic view of what you have completed up to that point.
- Plastic in general is susceptible to ripping/tearing due to its very nature. When 'weaving in ends' - it is best to maneuver your craft needle in between stitches and not through a stitch to avoid splitting the plastic yarn.
Part 1 / Linking Pop Tabs
Round 1: Join with a sl st in a hole of the pop tab, 2 sc in same hole.
*Grab another pop tab and 3 sc in hole. (Important Note: 2 sc sts in each hole will work just as well if your plarn is too thick. You be the judge.)
*Repeat for a total of 14 pop tabs or desired length to fit wrist. (Tip: If you’re making the bracelet for yourself, this is a good stopping point to measure around your wrist.)
To finish Round 1, bring the ends together to form a circle making one more sc in the beginning pop tab. Join with sl st to 1st sc in same hole.
This completes Round 1.
Round 2/The final set of pattern instructions will be posted on Sunday, 12/12
Show Off Contest:
- Become a Friend in Facebook
- Starting today, Dec 7th thru Wed, Dec 15th post progress pictures to show off your pop tab beauties.
- On Dec 16th, a winner will be randomly selected to receive a prize
(FYI - for those of you inquired about why I chose to start this C-PAL on Dec 7th, it's a special day for me - my son's 26th birthday)